Arthritis is a degenerative disease that affects the joints and causes joint pains. Although it is common for adults aged 50 and above, there are cases when the young ones are inflicted and it is called juvenile arthritis. There are about 100 types of arthritis-related diseases but the two most common types are the rheumatoid and osteoarthritis. Since it is incurable and gets worse over the years, pain management is the only thing that patients can do.
The most common symptoms of such disease are pain, stiffness, swelling and inability to move or walk quickly or normally. Arthritis has many levels too; it can be mild, moderate or severe. Over time, the level of pain goes higher; hence, anyone who has it will require more pain medications. What is sad about this disease is that it hinders a person to do the daily activities with ease. Most often, even standing and walking is no longer possible because of the severe pain.
Given that arthritis is a lifetime disease to bear, people who suffer with it are surely finding ways to make the pain stop. Although it is an incurable disease, the chronic pain is manageable. One of the best strains for arthritis pain is the Cannabidiol oil or also known as CBD oil.
What Is CBD oil?
Cannabidiol oil or CBD oil is a compound that is found in the cannabis plant. CBD oil has been used for many years now because of its promising benefits. It has gained increased popularity because of the studies conducted with it. Many people have used too it as an alternative to many types of diseases such as cancer-related pains and multiple sclerosis.
What makes CBD oil the best strain?
There are many advantages and benefits of CBD oil that makes it the best strain for chronic pain. Here they are:
- One of the greatest advantages of CBD oil is that it is a topical treatment for pain relief. For many people who are suffering with arthritis, they develop other health complications such as stomach, kidney and liver disease because of the medicines that they take such as Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS). NSAIDS can also put the patient at risk to stroke and heart attack. With the prolonged use of NSAIDS, there is a habituation in which the body needs a higher dosage to relieve the pain; hence, more damage is caused to the liver and kidney over time. On the other hand, the CBD oil is safer because it is applied topically on the specific area of the body where there is. This means that nothing is being ingested that will cause the organs to fail and it can be reapplied at any time of the day.
- CBD oil is an all-natural alternative to relieve arthritis pain. It is non-toxic, so people who use it will not encounter any side effects no matter how much is applied to the skin. Since it is all-natural, it doesn’t cause any skin rashes or adverse effects unlike any other topical treatments available in the market. These other topical treatments may have ingredients that can cause allergies to patients.
- Another benefit of CBD oil for arthritis is that it is non-psychoactive. Since it is only applied topically, anybody can be sure that it does not inflict any mental disturbance especially to those who have mental problems. So, the pain can still be managed without having to worry about that. Aside from that, it doesn’t give the patient the effect of feeling high especially when there is an over dosage of use unlike that of synthetic drugs. In most cases for synthetic drugs, patients rely so much with the pain relievers to the point of getting addicted to it. In effect, this would cause more trouble since there is already the presence of arthritis and yet another problem with addiction.
NSAIDs vs. CBD Oil
A lot of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs are effective in treating chronic pain. Although the patient can be relieved from pain, they can also develop immunity to these medications with prolonged used. One of the most common adverse effects is the gastric pain. These medications block two COX enzymes that produce prostaglandin which promotes inflammation. The problem is that the COX 1 enzyme is said to protect the gastric lining; therefore, since it is blocked by the NSAIDs, the gastric lining is more vulnerable to ulcers and gastric bleeding.
In this case, even if the patient is relieved from joint pains, the impending doom is the gastric ulcers and bleeding especially if higher does are administered. Again, when ulcers and gastric bleeding happens, it causes more suffering to the patient and can lead to more life-threatening diseases. Hence, CBD oil is a great alternative given that it works in a different way since it increases the anandamide, one of the body’s natural cannabinoids.
Considering the NSAIDs are synthetic, they are then considered to be harmful to the body; more so, if they are given through intravenously. On the other hand, CBD oil is derived from a plant which makes it natural and safe. These plants are grown organically by reliable growers which remove the possibility of harmful chemicals being mixed to oil during the pressing stage.
Other benefits of CBD Oil
Aside from being the strain for arthritis pain, CBD oil is to be effective and has great potential to cure or improve conditions for other diseases too. These claims are backed with scientific proofs that indeed, CBD oil is effective in treating different types of diseases.
- CBD oil for cancer. There are certain chemicals found to have an anti-tumor effect; thus, it helps improve the standard treatments for cancer. The results of the studies conducted were, increased tumor cell death in colon cancer and leukemia. Many patients who suffered from cancer used this together with their standard treatments have shown promising results of reduced growth of tumors or death of cancer cells.
- CBD for Neurodegenerative diseases. Glutamate (neurotransmitter) and radical oxygen species are the causes of brain cell death. Studies have shown that it prevents both from transmitting its toxic effect; thus, preventing the death of the brain cells. CBD is considered to have its potential for therapy for Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases. It is said that CBD protects the brain cells from the toxic effects of beta-amyloid, an amino acid, a main component that promotes Alzheimer’s disease.
- CBD as source of anti-oxidants. CDB can help free radicals because it has a greater antioxidant activity than those of from vitamin E and C.
- CBD oil as protecting agent. If blood blow is reduced, CBD may aide in protecting the brain.
The possibilities for CBD oil being a therapeutic agent are endless. A lot of studies are still being conducted for its future purposes. However, given its value today as an anti-inflammatory alternative for arthritis, patients are given the opportunity to use it without having to experience the adverse effects of the NSAIDs and other types of pain relievers. This is the reason why this makes it the best strain for arthritis as an all-natural agent for pain management for it is safer and effective way to treat chronic pain.